Episode 12: Startupland Marketing with Rami Essaid of Distil Networks
Startupland Marketing with Rami Essaid
Rami began his career as the founder and CEO of Chit Chat Communications. After a successful exit, he consulted in mobile development. With over 11 years in communications, network security, and infrastructure management, Rami advised enterprise companies to help improve scalability and reliability while maintaining a high level of security. Rami attended North Carolina State University where he majored in computer engineering.
#1 Piece of advice he gives new entrepreneurs is to
“Make sure you love what you do.”
Questions he always asks investors:
- What can I do to get your really excited about the company?
- What do you think is the biggest weakness?
- What is the one thing you think we should concentrate on and change?
- Ask questions that help you get more direction will help you succeed the next time.
“My leadership style has been all about empowering my guys to be the best that they can be. Because if we pick ourselves up and level ourselves up then the company will continue to grow.”
“The harder I work, the luckier I get.”
Start up Tips:
- Get messaging right.
- Understand your customers. Talk to them.
- Spend a lot of time with the Early Adopters to understand your persona.
- Ask how do I find more people looking for this?
- Get the Messaging right.
- Understand and leverage your customers persona and use that as the building block to marketing to find out how do I find more customers like that or how do I find the people that are looking for what you’re providing.
- Marketers should get into Startupland because startups need marketers.
- Increase their scope of skillsets, closer to a VP level.
- Avoid hitting a plateau for growth by diversifying your product offering
How to reach and learn more about Rami: